Seven-step plan to get you motivated on the weight-loss journey
|Keep a scale at home|
We all know how difficult it is to make the changes we want especially when it comes to weight loss. Most times, we try to convince ourselves that we are not that fat – we try to compare ourselves with others to know if we are as big as them: when we discover we are not, we stay in that ‘comfort zone’.
- Set your goals - You must set your goal and it must be realistic. Make sure you write them and paste it up where you can see it daily – this could be on your fridge door, inside the bathroom door and close to your dining table.
- Some people will advise you not to buy or use weighing scale, but I insist on having it, especially the digital type – it is a stark reality check of how much you weigh. It also marks your progress and encourages you to do more once you see the weight coming off the scale – trust me, I now!
- Write down the route to achieving your set goal – is it through dieting, portion control, alternate day fasting, exercise, what type of exercise or a combination of the above? Make sure you do this and stick to it!
- Have a journal that charts your success – this will help you stay motivated really! Chart your menu etc. so you always know the best food to eat.
- You must stay positive throughout the journey – there are certain times you do all you can within a week, two weeks or even a month and you seem not to get the scale going in your favour – don't despair as you are also building up a reservoir of energy by staying on course.
- Get inspired by reading other real peoples’ success stories. There are times you may slip on the journey – pick up yourself and continue.
- Above all, keep your eyes on your goal!