Making some changes in lifestyle
The 2nd week of my journey became easier. I decided to make some lifestyle modifications:
- I started taking more of the staircase instead of elevators/escalators: I stay on the 3rd floor
- Added some cardio, stretches and dance workout in the house (don’t wait till you go to the gym, your house definitely has more than you think for any work out.
- Increased my walk to an hour. Feeling lighter and more flexible already!
- Also added a bit of jogging to the walk: here you have to go at your pace. Once you are running out of breath, walk at a comfortable pace
For my diet, I modified what and how I eat.
- I went easy on the carbs
- Increased fruits and veggies
- Started cutting down on animal source of protein
- Tuna sandwich (with rye bread);
- Three medium strawberries; and
- A cup of non fat milk.
|Rice, a piece of chicken, broccoli, and tangerine|
- Moi Moi (Beans pudding) (a Nigerian delicacy)
- Japanese salad with a drizzle of Caesar's salad dressing
- Apple slices
|Moi Moi, Japanese salad, and apple slices|
- Always have your dinner early to allow for digestion.
- Reduce your food portion
- Drink water before starting your meal