Welcome

The Old Me before I resolved to cut down

I have come to realize that for any weight loss programme to be effective and sustainable, it should not be seen as a “duty” rather, it should be viewed and approached as a lifestyle modification: which means a healthy continuous transformation of our unhealthy old ways. We must be determined, committed and willing to make sacrifices; and it should also be fun!
The New look Me!
Having said this, my journey to a healthy me started sometime around January 2013 (though I’ll admit I have tried a couple of times in the past without any success as I was going about it in the worst of ways). I had never considered myself overweight (tending towards obesity) as I never saw myself that heavy. Thinking I was still a size 14 big, I ordered some size 16 clothes (to be on a safe side) online and when they came in, they were so undersize. It was a big shock to me but I guess that was what I needed to kick start my journey. I needed to fit into my clothes! I also needed to look sassy!
The journey has not been that easy but once you have a great support base (for me, my husband and son) and take it one day at a time, you’ll surely sub-consciously maintain it.
This blog was started to help me keep track of my progress as well as motivate others going through this transformation process to keep the fire burning.

Comments

Popular Posts