Have you had water today? Some benefits
Guess you might be wondering what type of question this is? Yes, water is meant to be a constant in our lives, but sadly many people do not consider it very important to drink it. It is not uncommon to hear some people ‘boast’ that they have not had water for days. They rather rely on fruit juices, sodas, etc. to stay hydrated.
Some believe that in order to display their wealth, it is better for them to drink any other drink but water. However, the fact still remains that water is the number one choice for staying hydrated, and if you want to maintain a healthy weight, it is very ideal.
A few reasons why we must make water a regular feature in our daily life includes:
- It is ideal for weight loss as it contains no calories
- It helps the kidneys flush out toxins
- It is generally affordable and relatively accessible
- Keeps the skin hydrated and glowing
- Keeps you full without the added calories
- Very satisfying; this is a great positive ‘cos most other fluids do not have this capability, as nothing quenches thirst like water.
To know if you are really getting adequate amount of water, check the colour of your urine. If it is dark yellow; know you still need lots of drinking to do. Urine colour should be pale/colourless.
Next time you want to go for some other fluids, reach out for water instead and you’ll be so glad you did!
Keep well, stay active and please share.