Summer weight gain reality check!!!
In Tokyo, Japan, the weather is nothing to write home about at this time; talk about being very hot and extremely humid. The temperature can be about 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 degrees Fahrenheit). With this kind of hot weather, a lot of setbacks abound with weight loss:
· No motivation to exercise e.g. running or jogging, as the sun rises so early with intense heat (sometimes about 04:30 am)
· Tendency to over indulge on soda and fruit juice
· Irresistible ice cream – ice cream shops sprouting up and don’t forget the good old ice cream van always in the neighbourhood with its attracting jingles
· There is also the tendency to go on vacation around this period and most times you cannot really control/check what you are being served.
· Did I forget to mention the barbeque and braaing? So tempting and irresistible. With all these factors, you are bound to pack up a lot of calories without expending much of it and so the waistline increase; so does the weight.
Since weather change is something we cannot control, we need to adapt our life style and exercise around any given weather if we must maintain our goal. Swimming and other indoor exercises are great during this period as they help you limit your exposure to the sun.
It is also very important to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Self-discipline is also very important in this period.
Keep well, stay active and please share.