Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Feel like having grilled chicken salad tonight and so I am going to share my recipe with you guys. It is so delicious, very filling, balanced with all the goodness your body needs and not high in calorie. The best part of this recipe is that it super easy to put together and in no time. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 med size carrot (scrapped and cut in flat strips)
- 1 small lettuce (washed, dried and shredded)
- 1 med size cucumber (cut into strips)
- 1 med size green pepper (deseeded and cut into strips)
- 2 med size chicken breast (washed and patted dry)
- Hot chili sauce
- Salt(to taste)
- Black pepper(optional)
- Sesame seed sauce 15ml or 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Low fat margarine (1tablespoon or 15ml)
- Low fat salad dressing
- Grill/Grill pan/Non stick fry pan
- In a salad bowl, arrange the vegetables lacing with the lettuce, then carrots, cucumber and green pepper.
- Set bowl aside
- In a clean bowl, add chicken, salt, sesame seed sauce, black pepper
- Mix till chicken is well coated with the seasoning
- Heat grill pan/non stick pan
- Once heated, place the chicken in it
- If using a grill oven, put chicken in grill and turn on heat
- Let chicken cook on med-low heat on each side for about 3-4 mins on each side or till well done (be careful not to burn chicken)
- Turn off heat and bring chicken out
- Place on a board and let cool slightly (to avoid chicken falling apart)
- Cut into bite size
- Melt margarine in microwave or over a bowl of hot water
- Add hot sauce into butter (remember hot sauce can be extremely hot so, just add in drops and taste till you get the right mix)
- Add chicken into hot sauce mix
- Pour chicken mix on the salad
- Drizzle your choice of salad dressing on top (I love basil and cheese salad dressing)
· READY TO SERVE.
- This can serve 2-3 people.
There is no hard and fast rule with this recipe; so you can add other vegetables that you like or substitute whichever you want to. You might even use fish instead of chicken. Fish; yeah, have suddenly gotten an idea to try out a seafood version!
Keep well, stay active and please share!