Hints for a healthier heart
|Exercise to keep the heart healthy|
As we grow older our habits change. What we used to do when we were younger like running around becomes more difficult, either because we get more sluggish or because we also do not have enough time for ourselves. Also, we begin to experience stress either at our workplaces, or home.
With increased stress comes the added risk of heart problems. In order to maintain a healthy heart and keep the risks of heart problem at bay, follow these hints. Most importantly, learn how to relax and free your mind of stress.
- Exercise – this need not be any heavy pumping of iron at the gym, though if you can, it is equally good. Simple brisk walk about 20 – 30 minutes four to five times a week will suffice.
- Healthy eating – avoid those unhealthy foods. We are talking about junk here, especially those deep fried foods that are pre packaged. Better to eat food prepared by you. Where you must eat out, chose the healthy restaurants. Avoid foods that are high in cholesterol. I notice that I have the tendency to eat out on Sundays with my family, so we make sure we chose a healthy meal.
- Breakfast – this is about the most important meal of the day. Don’t ever skip breakfast, if you have to skip any meal. However, we advise that you don’t skip any meal, as all are important for your health.
- Sleep – You should as a matter of routine make sure you get at least 6 – 8 hours sleep every night. Avoid excess alcohol and heavy food before you go to bed.
- Salt – excess salt is a killer! Limit the salt you add to your food; and don’t ever add table salt to your food while eating. Salt heightens your risk of high blood pressure, and can lead to other health complications
|Beans, Salmon and Pineapple|